Senior Product Designer
About The Position
Belonging. We all know it when we feel it—when we feel connected to and a vital part of a larger community. It’s hard to create, hard to define, and even harder to measure. And yet, everyone wants to feel it. That’s where Venn comes in. And where you can make an impact.
Venn is on a mission to help people everywhere feel a deeper sense of belonging in their homes and neighborhoods. We build world-class technology platforms, physical and virtual spaces, and local programming and expertise that combine into our seamless “Neighborhood as a Service” offering. We’ve spent the past five years developing our model for maximum impact, and now we’re scaling globally.
Are we a tech company? Yes, but we’re the most human tech company you’ll ever meet. We want people to use our platform to leave it—to connect with neighbors, support their local economies, and give back to their communities. Simply put, we want them to Build Their Neighborhood. And there’s a place for you and your ambitions to help us do just that.
Whether you’re an engineer who wants to put your skills to work building a business that makes a positive social impact; a designer who wants to explore the interplay between digital and physical experiences; or a relationship manager who wants to lead the alignment of whole cities’ interests for the benefit of all…there’s a place for you at Venn. If you do any of these things or many more, and you’re ambitious and like to work hard and be nice, come join the more than 100 Venners on a mission to make it easier to meet neighbors around the corner than strangers around the world.
The Product and Design Team - Venn's product team is responsible for implementing Venn's strategy, building the roadmap, and defining Venn's digital offering. The products range from mobile apps and innovative home solutions that help our community members enjoy our personal and community services, events, and spaces, all the way to a robust internal platform that helps Venn and its partners operate with great efficiency.
The Position - Are you passionate about creating designs that engage and delight people? Join us on the mission to help people create a sense of Belonging in their homes and neighborhoods. We are looking for talented product designers with a passion for details, a love for people and a drive to improve.
- Work in a squad-like environment, collaborating with PMs, Designers and Community managers to craft new product solutions.
- Utilize your full range of product design skills to deliver thoughtful, beautifully executed interfaces.
- Raise the bar for product quality by advocating for user-centered design driven by research, based on data and usability sessions
- Collaborate with international teams & experts on crafting and maintaining a unique visual identity.
- Oversee development handoff & graphic QA
- Make an effort to make daily life easier, happier and more fulfilling for the neighbors at Venn.
- 4+ yrs experience in Startups, designing flows & interactions
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years of industry experience
- Low-fi & High-fi prototyping skills
- Good collaboration skills with product managers and engineers
- Independent in managing time, processed, and workflows
- Cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web) Interface design experience
- Proficiency & adaptivity to emerging software (Figma, Principle)
- Attention to details, alignment to brand & team-work spirit
- Fluency in English