Senior Community Manager
About The Position
About us: Belonging. We all know it when we feel it — when we feel connected to and a vital part of a larger community. It’s hard to create, hard to define, and even harder to measure. And yet, everyone wants to feel it. That’s where Venn comes in. And where you can make an impact.
Venn is on a mission to help people everywhere feel a deeper sense of belonging in their homes and neighborhoods. We build world-class technology platforms, physical and virtual spaces, and local programming and expertise that combine into our seamless “Neighborhood as a Service” offering. We’ve spent the past five years developing our model for maximum impact, and now we’re scaling globally.
The team: The Community team’s mission is to know the neighbors and guide them through the member journey at Venn, from acquisition, through onboarding and retention. A Community Manager emulates the Venn values into holistic member experiences that create connections between people that foster and strengthen their sense of value and belonging.
The Position: The Senior Community Manager is responsible for the development and management of the local team. To lead the community team to build and maintain a unique and robust neighborhood community. This role is basically the heart and soul of our diverse community - caring, attuned to people's needs and exceedingly proactive.
The Senior CM must have the ability to effectively lead the team to execute the following tasks:
- Manage and execute the Neighbor Journey process that includes new resident move in process, onboarding existing residents to the app, contract renewal process and resident offboarding process.
- Spearhead, manage and produce the monthly, quarterly and yearly event programming with a focus on developing local business/provider relationships, creating successful ongoing traditions that foster meaningful connections while driving participation and activating shared spaces.
- Manage and lead the full scope of the “Building Leader” - neighbor involvement Program from recruitment to implementation and ongoing facilitation and monitoring and lead the “creative neighbor” - neighbor initiative program.
What drives the community team is connecting with neighbors, planning workshops and events and creating an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity. The CM is above all a ‘people person’ with strong communication skills, great customer service skills and a passion for making people feel a sense of belonging.
- 3+ yrs experience in a similar role
- Experience leading teams, training and recruiting
- Experience with leading projects from conception to implementation and performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Data-oriented and excellent analytical abilities with ability to adhere to personal and company goals.
- Good collaboration and team skills
- Independent in managing time, processes and workflows
- Attention to details, alignment to brand & team-work spirit
- Some experience in event production, design and planning
- Proficient technological skills with, google drive, social media, gmail and willingness to learn more platforms such as Monday, Hubspot and our internal systems
- Proficiency in English
Get in Touch. Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities and thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.
Please note: This position is not a social media or digital communications role (although it does have some elements of it). The position is on-site in our Los Angeles community, working with our neighbors on the ground, building in-person communities.